My name is Laura.
I'm an experienced BACP accredited counsellor working in mental health since 2014. I'm also a bariatric patient, having undergone my own gastric sleeve surgery in 2021 via the public health system.
I offer counselling and support sessions to those who are considering bariatric surgery, those who are pre-op and also those who are post-op at any stage in your bariatric journey. I am a HAES aligned therapist, believing in health at every size.
As a qualified counsellor who has been through this complex and physically demanding process of change, I understand first hand the challenges and difficulties experienced by bariatric patience both before surgery whilst living in a bigger body, and also post surgery.
Along with my unique personal experience I also bring my long standing service as a counsellor in private practice, working with adult individuals on a wide variety of mental health challenges and goals.
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I hold my counselling sessions online with English speaking clients all over the world.
- pre-op bariatric therapy & support
- post-op bariatric therapy & support
- body image therapy & support
- weight related life experience counselling
- counselling to process bullying, discrimination and stigmatisation of larger bodies
- accountability check-in for goals and targets
- support groups for bariatric patients at any stage of their process